If you do not know the IP address of your router, you can find it by following the steps below.
- Open Launchpad
- Type “terminal” in the search field
- The terminal window will come up on the screen. Type “Netstat -nr | grep default” and press the enter key.
- You can see the IP address of your router next to the “default” text.
- Click the Start button On the bottom right of your computer
- In the incoming window search field, type “cmd”. Select the “Command” entry from the list.
- The command prompt window opens.
- Type “ipconfig / all” in the window and press Enter.
- This command displays text related to your current network configuration. Look for a line with “Default Gateway”. You will see the IP address of your router.